Sunday, May 4, 2014

An Afternoon at Red Rocks

 
We spent an afternoon travelling around Red Rocks including a stop at recently renovated visitor center.  We had been there a number of years ago on a previous trip, perhaps with Keith and Sarah when they resided in Vegas.  I think that I enjoy the yearly return to this area nearly as much as I do to the Outer Banks.
 
 
I never get tired of the vistas, no matter which way you point the camera.


The visitor center provided an opportunity to see this desert tortoise in its natural surroundings.  Couldn't get him to face the camera in a timely manner.


 
There was a lot of information nicely displayed.  Adam and LeAnna found a great deal of the texts regarding the desert plants particularly interesting due to their possible house purchase.
 




 
I think Adam is still growing taller!

 
Our gracious hosts.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos. I can't believe it had been so long since you guys had been through Red Rock. I think your lizard photo is a side-blotched lizard.
    -Adam

    ReplyDelete