Friday, February 13, 2015

A Morning Walk

 
From warm to cold to warmer...we arrived in
Las Vegas Wednesday at breakfast time and found
of course, beautiful blue skies and warm temperatures.
We walked Wednesday evening when LeAnna got home from
work, but I didn't take my camera so don't have any pic.
The ones here are from our morning walk today.

 
pictographs

 

 
Very Cool plant that I don't know the name of.  Thursday I am
going to make a run to Cactus Joe"s and see if I can
get some help with plant identification. 
I tried to buy a book at Home Depot today, but alas,
they don't sell them any more :(

 
This is a Joshua Tree, of course.  There were not very many on this
walk but we passed a "forest" of them near by on the way home


 
I love the bazaar grow of so many things in the desert.
 


 
No too many things are growing or flowering right now, but there are a few!

 
Fellow hiker

 
How do you resist a water reflection like this?

 
A few moments of rest and quiet_

 
Wet dog.  Oscar practiced his swimming and
stick fetching skills.
 
It was a beautiful way to start the day and our visit here also.
 
Tomorrow is Adams birthday and a work day.  LeAnna
has a work day at school and then a 3 day weekend.  Pat and Adam will
do some house projects and I am planning to work
in the yard.
Birthday dinner in the evening!
 
Hope you are all staying warm and dry.
Love, Mom

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos, mom. It sounds like you have a nice day planned. It would be great if we could join you. I could help out all day as school is cancelled, once again.
    This time, we have the day off because it's -25 with windchill. The real temp is -6 right now. Either way, Sarah and I would love to work outside in the warm sun for a day. I am imagining you guys siting at an outdoor table on a stone patio eating dinner together in the warm evening air... I mean... Not that I'm jealous....

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOT a Joshua Tree...a Mojave Yucca...like I said, I need an ID key!!!

    ReplyDelete