Monday, August 22, 2016

Ionnidis Guesthouse, Megalo Papigo

After leaving Corfu on Friday afternoon we drove to Megalo  Papigo, a village located in the Zagorohoria, which is an area made up of 46 preserved mountain hamlets.  Karen and Adam have been here before and both were enamored by it's beauty and history.  We arrived after dark the guest house Ioannidis where we were greeted and shown to our rooms by our host Vasilis whose family has owned the property since the mid-1800's when it was a working farm and their home. He is aided by his sister in the running and maintenance of the property.

















We were joined on Sunday by Eleftheria's parents for a day of touring the countryside.


Probably my favorite photo of the trip. Taken at sunset caused the red cast to the mountains. The two windows and door at the right define our room.




1 comment:

  1. Loving all the posts. I'm pretty sure I have a few of those same pictures from Zhagahoria ;-) I really like the one looking up the alley (I think the 4th one down?) and of course the Alpenglow. Such a neat little area. I hope we'll have an arch bridge post too!

    ReplyDelete