Sunday, May 17, 2015

Spring Projects, etc.

 
With everyone writing about their weekend activities, I thought I would add mine.  Technically everyday is a weekend day for me, but I still work as if I had a work schedule!  The first nice spring day we had was spent pruning and clearing out all the garden beds of winter damage and miscellaneous debris.  We also made some decisions regarding shrubbery that had served its purpose which in turn kept the fire pit burning all day.
 
 
 

 
 
Last summer I made a promise to a little girl (and her mother) that there would be a swing set in the yard when they again came to visit.  I don't know if the little girl remembers the promise, but the mother did:-)






My usual mess!
 
 

 
How to erect with no one around to hold the uprights.
 


I also promised my wife to fence in a portion of the yard.  I make a lot of promises:-)
 


 
Along with Kurt, my gas driven post hole partner.  My manual one is off pouting, but he has gotten more use than I had hoped.


 
To be continued..................


4 comments:

  1. the little girl and the mother are really happy that you kept your promise!!!!!
    you seem to be incredible bussy.....worse than working 5 days in week...
    why did you fence only the half yard?
    the little girl said that she has a new project for you...........a TRAMBOLINE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! It's good you have all those projects to keep you out of trouble 😉
    Are you making an enclosure for Artemis with all that wire fencing?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trampoline!!!! I might have an old mattress!
    The fencing is to keep her out of "Blood Valley":-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Everything looks great. I can't wait to see the fence when we come to Ohio this summer. Looking forward to a good campfire or two at your place, as well!

    ReplyDelete