Thursday, October 11, 2012

Valley of Fire State Park

Yesterday Adam and I went to the Valley of  Fire State Park (the first in Nevada), about an hour's drive from Blue Diamond.  It's amazing how different the topography is just a short distance away.  We drove home through the Lake Mead National Recreation Area.  Because of more rain than usual this time of year the vegetation is still very lush.  It rained on the way home and is raining as I  write this.  The last thing I removed from my luggage before I left home was my umbrella!
 
 
 
 
 






2 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures! Can't wait to go there myself. The computer says 59 and rain - good decision to go a different directions. Enjoy your camping trip. Remember to quiz LeAnna about her job - I am looking forward to hearing how it is going. Stay dry and have much fun. Love you, hugs to the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture of the prickly pear. The fruit looks almost ripe enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete