Sunday, February 19, 2012

Orchid Show February 2012


Your father and I spent Saturday in the greenhouses at the Cleveland Botanical Gardens.
 It was wonderful!  Smelled like spring.
The orchid show was wonderful.  I've included a few of the many pictures I took.
These two guys are brothers.  Aren't they awesome!
Only one can be loose at a time.  As soon
as the caged one was brought in, the one in the tree
changed from being almost invisible in the tree to bright red. 
It was pretty dramatic.

Sarah, here is a friend for Bud - did I get the name right?
This very lovely orchid is a slipper orchid.
Several years ago Gayle gave me my first orchid which
was like this one.
The orchids were mixed in with the beautiful flora and fauna of the
rainforest.
The orchids were not the only beautiful flowers in this beautiful setting.
These tiny little finches were very busy about the feeders.  They were brilliant...
and so tiny - much smaller than Hobbs.
I took so many pictures of these vines.
And here is my "orchid" among the orchids.

5 comments:

  1. I really need to go there someday, it looks so awesome! You got the names right on both the Tortoise and Finch!!! Good job! I think I'd feel right at home there, wait... is there lots of dog hair about? Maybe not TOTALLY like home... Hope to see you guys soon, glad you had a nice weekend excursion! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO dog hair! Can you believe it?? Did Keith tell you that we are thinking about coming the Thursday before Easter? Let me know if that works for you. Love ya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chameleon pics. We couldn't find them when we were there:( Have you seen this? http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/02/tiny-chameleons/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have now! Cute "little" guy. Can't wait to show my kids at school.

      Delete
  4. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Those finches look so cool. I told Sarah about your plans awhile ago and it's all good. I'm not completely useless, after all.

    ReplyDelete