Thursday, May 16, 2013

Spring in Ithaca - Mother's Day 2013

 So, Vaneta and I made our annual road trip to Ithaca for Mother's Day weekend...
and it was wonderful as always.
 We spent Saturday at Cornell and went on a wonderful wild flower walk.
I love this fern!
 

 I really, really like lichen.
 
 Bluebells, aren't they lovely?
 
This is an unusual Trillum.
 

 Fern forest...I want one!!!
 
 
 



Pretty Cool Tree

As you may have seen in Keith's Blog,
 he spent considerable time identifying things.  

 

This is the formal gardens and this picture doesn't begin to do it justice.



We also went to the Ornithology Lab.  It was Migration Celebration Day and there were lots of people and activities including a Raptor rehab group.  this handsome fellow is from Costa Rica.  You might be wondering why he was in Ithaca...well I didn't think to ask, so now I am wondering also.

Thank you again, Sarah and Keith, for another wonderful Mother's Day weekend.  Vaneta,
 I think we make pretty good traveling companions, yes?!
 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pics, especially given that it was cloudy. Man I can't get over how cool the raptors are! We love you and love the mothers day weekend tradition! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete