Saturday, April 28, 2012

Big Sur, California - April,2012

My second post-retirement trip (first was to Ithaca) was to the Big Sur coastline of California via Blue Diamond, Nevada to meet up with Adam.  We had good weather, good food and most of all a good time.
Definitely a place to return again (without leaving with a sinus infection and poison oak!)


 Monterey Bay/Harbor

Monterey Bay Aquarium (shale reef display) 
                           My driver, guide, cook, travelling companion, photographer and son!
Fisherman's Wharf 



 Redwoods!
Bixby Bridge on Highway 1 


Banana Slug 
                                       Sunset above the cloud deck, Big Sur coast                                    
 Sunrise

Thanks again Adam.

1 comment:

  1. Great shots! I love the last one "Sunrise". Reminds me of the tree tattoo that I sport. The unlabelled photo of the water flowing between the rocks with the moss is like a visual haiku. And the shot of the large anemone is so animated that I keep staring at it, thinking it's going to move. Very cool shots. So glad you guys had a good time.

    ReplyDelete