Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mothers' Day Weekend

Vaneta and I made our annual Mother's Day visit to Ithaca to spend a couple days with Keith and Sarah. We were blessed with nearly 3 days of no rain and actually quite a bit of actual sunshine. Thay are a few days behind us season-wise, but Sarah has her garden seedlings growing inside and these wonderful garlic scallions are already up. We actually ate them and they were yummy!

Keith got in a little slack line practice.


This is their bird tree right outside their door. I am going to attempt to list the birds I saw: chickadees, sparrows, cow birds, finches, red winged black birts, wrens- house and barn, grosbeck, woodpeckers, cardinals, bluejays, bluebirds, and I am sure I missed some. There were these tiny, smaller than finches, gold birds that I forget the name of. Keith and I walked down the street Sundany morning. The water in the lake is really high and there out a ways was a beaver lodge with the beaver working away! It was cool to see.


We went out to Pat's house so I could meet the horses. Vaneta and Sarah went for a nice long ride. Keith and I did a little walk-about and then went into town for a bit to eat. All in all a delightful couple of days.







2 comments:

  1. Warblers. Yellow, prothonotary, and maybe magnolia. Also, I just saw an ovenbird in the yard, a close relative. We loved having you and Veneta up here, too. Look forward to seeing you at the beach soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you! The donation really meant a lot. This summer I will keep a blog so you can keep up with my trip.

    http://drivenbyachainforacause.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete